Tuesday, May 31, 2011

Delicious & Healthy



I'm always on the run in the morning and start work pretty early (and I mean early - 7:15). With that said, my mornings are meticulously timed from the minute I get out of bed until I have to leave which leaves me with only a few minutes to eat breakfast. I love baking and I really enjoy this recipe for Carrot Pineapple Muffins. It's a perfect snack to take with you on the go, not to mention very healthy. If you enjoy carrot cake then you will love this easy, healthy and very satisfying recipe. Let me know what you think of it!! Enjoy :)

Ingredients:
1/2 cup honey
2/3 cup Oil
2 large eggs beaten
1 1/2 cup all purpose flour
2 tsp baking powder
1 tsp baking soda
1/2 tsp salt
1 tsp cinnamon
1 tsp vanilla
1 cup finely grated carrots
1 cup crushed pineapple drained
1/2 cup grated walnuts (optional)

In beater bowl, combine honey, oil and beaten eggs In another bowl, combine flour, baking powder, baking soda, cinnamon, and salt and mix well. Add dry ingredients to the sugar and oil mixture and stir to moisten. Add grated carrots, pineapple, vanilla and walnuts.Stir until just blended. Fill greased muffin cups 2/3 full and bake-375 degrees for 20 minutes.

Makes 18 medium sized muffins.


No comments:

Post a Comment