Friday, March 8, 2013

Gearing up for our African Adventure




Habari,

It’s the day before I leave for AFRICA, and I’m surprisingly calm and on schedule with completed to-do list tasks. I feel like a kid, about to get on a plane for the very first time with so many thoughts going through my head. Going to East Africa has been at the top of my bucket list for as long as I can remember primarily because I wanted to experience the rich culture of East Africa. The sights, sounds, climate and spirit that is East Africa, is something that has been embedded in me by stories from my grandparents and parents alike. Being able to work, as a Registered Nurse in Maternal Infant Health is something that I am ecstatic about although, not knowing what to expect is a little bit nerve wrecking. That's okay, there will be plenty of adrenaline to get me through the days ahead!

Definitely the best part of this whole journey is being able to experience it all with my best friend and love of my life. We have wanted to do something like this for a number of years now, so this definitely feels like a dream come true!  

As most of you are aware, I am OBSESSED with animals so I will blog as much as possible when we visit Tarangire, Serengeti and Ngorongoro Crater which is our first stop on this journey!! A phrase that I will be using a lot starting day 1 is "kuua buibui" which means KILL THE SPIDER. That phrase will generally be used when running at full speed with my heart feeling like it is going to explode!  Okay, not going to think too much about that right now, I have enough RAID to last me a long time!

Until my next post,

Tutaonana,

Roshena

No comments:

Post a Comment