Thursday, March 28, 2013

Some of my favorite moments in Zanzibar!!!

Possibly my favorite picture from Zanzibar!
Could sit and watch the sunset everyday!
Zanzibar, I will miss you dearly!
One of the many beautiful doors in Zanzibar! Variety of colors and handles!
Different colored paint around the doors seemed standard.
Stone Town was so vibrant!

Playing jacks with the local children!
Was so hard... they all kept laughing at me!
The little girls never missed!
It was a very entertaining afternoon!

Little dhow that we took from Stonetown to Prison Island..breath of fresh air in the heat!
No nausea thank god!
Adorned me with a bag, necklace and hat while on the
Spice Tour. Felt like a Princess and then just before leaving a small boy gave me
a ring made of local leaves! Best part of the spice tour was being able to interact with
the local community!  

128 year old MASSIVE tortoise on Prison Island!! Irfan took a video of me
feeding it! So cool. These things move a lot quicker than you think
they would. Almost stepped on me multiple times.
 Also saw small babies, size of my hand! Very precious!

Aga Khan Madrasa in Zanzibar supporting early childhood education.
We took a tour with the head facilitator there. Was a lovely center, very holistic in their
approach to early childhood teaching. It was the weekend so we didn't actually
get to see kids at play :(

Prison Island...beautiful sandy beach and water was so warm! 

Breathtaking!

Pads, this is for you courtesy of Irfan! He said I have a
big collection of your candid moments so made me promise I would post this
especially for you! He actually put it on my HEAD! Eeek!

One of my favorite moments on the Spice Tour!
This boy was INSANE!  He climbed this coconut tree in 20 seconds MAX,
singing the entire time and brought us the best tasting young coconuts!
Was a nice end to the Spice Tour!

1 comment: