Sunday, April 10, 2011

Coconut Delights


I made a few of the cupcakes with sprinkles to offset the taste of coconut.
My hubby likes coconut but definitely not as much as I do.
The sprinkles were a nice touch.


Growing up, my mom would always delight my brother, sister, and I with her delicious baking, and over the last few years it has definitely become a passion of mine as well. I had been craving coconut cupcakes, I absolutely "LOVE" coconut and found a recipe online by the popular Ina Garten. Ina Garten is truly amazing and her freakishly delicious coconut cupcake recipe is easy to follow not to mention so incredibly tasty.

Fill up the muffin cups but try to not overfill them.
I had a few with cake overflowing down one side in my first batch.

Be sure to let the cupcakes completely cool prior to icing.
I would recommend a minimum of twenty minutes to avoid the icing melting.


You really only need a third of the icing recipe to have enough for all the cupcakes.
I would also suggest putting your coconut in a bowl and once iced turn your cupcake upside down to
coat with coconut. Less mess and works great!
 With this recipe, I ended up with 30 cupcakes; I believe the recipe makes for 16. You can always freeze the excess and then thaw, ice and serve later. If you do end up making these, let me know how they turn out for you. Life is sweet ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment