Friday, April 1, 2011

Scribbled Signature

I spent my childhood days doodling my signature in my diary, on the margin of my notebooks listening to a lecture, experimenting how my name doodled would look compared to the guy I had a crush on and so forth. In fact, I would say that I had perfected my signature, the "C" in my last name had a cursive element to it and it made my signature "mine". The signature that I had perfected however changed on October 9, 2010 when I married the man of my dreams and adopted his surname. I spent a significant amount of time weighing the pros and cons of this traditional protocol and concluded after much debate that with marriage comes change, a new identity as a wife and perhaps someday a mother and creates a sense of family unity. With all that said, part of my debate, missed in its entirety how I was going to recreate my perfect signature. After all, an entire 28 years of my being was spent perfecting my maiden name! Six months post the wedding, I have yet to even be able to duplicate the same signature twice. Not to mention the look when cashiers try to match the receipt with my signature on it to the one displayed on my credit card in my married name. I've even had a sales clerk remove her glasses to have a better look at my scribbled mess. So ladies, I have concluded that I absolutely do not have cursive talent and more importantly, I need to practice my cursive writing skills to make a somewhat legible signature appear similar time and time again! I will keep you posted on my progress!

No comments:

Post a Comment